RONPAKU (Dissertation PhD) Program
The Applcation for 2022 is now open (by 28 June 2022).
The UGSAS-GU has "UGSAS-GU RONPAKU (Dissertation PhD) Support Program" for further development of academic and research collaboration with 18 member universities of the IC-GU12 and other universities related to the UGSAS-GU. In order to reach this goal, we will provide financial support for highly qualified applicants from the member universities who pursue Ph.D. degrees through developing some publications and a dissertation without matriculating a doctoral course.
Eligibility: The faculty staffs or researchers, who are officially registered in any of IC-GU12 member universities or other universities/institutions related to the UGSAS-GU, with the prospect of completing a doctoral degree.
Host University: The United Graduate School of Agricultural Science (Gifu or Shizuoka University)
- Application for RONPAKU Support Program (FORM 1) DOWNLOAD: RONPAKU_Application_Form.doc
- Dean's Letter of Recommendation
- Certificate of Employment
- Certificate of Graduation/Completion of the last university the applicant attended
Application Deadline: June 28, 2022 (5:00 pm. JST)
Screening & Admission Decisions: Will be made by the middle of July, 2022
Research Guidance Provided: At least 2-week stay at Gifu or Shizuoka University every academic year for research advice by the supervisor of the host university. If requested, the supervisor will be able to visit the student's/researcher's home university/institution for additional advice.
Financial Aid: Maximum of 150,000 JPY including an economy class round-trip ticket (at cost), accommodation fees, and other necessary expenses will be provided for the first visit. Any costs for and after the second visit and a dissertation evaluation fee of 57,000 JPY* won't be covered. (*The amount is subject to change.) Priority will be given to the candidates who suggest they have no need of financial aid from the UGSAS-GU.
Number of Students Accepted: One fellow every academic year.
Summary of Program:
- (1) Great opportunity to take additional/different supervision by the faculty staff of the UGSAS-GU specializing in the field equivalent to the fellow.
- (2) The fellow is required to submit a progress report on his/her research at every visit to Japan.
Requirements for RONPAKU (Dissertation PhD) : At least three academic papers that form the basis of the dissertation, and three or more previously presented papers in a field of related research to be respectively published to the journals specified by the UGSAS, GU" or, "At least four academic papers that form the basis of the dissertation" are needed.
IC-GU12 Member Universities:
- Bangladesh: University of Dhaka, Bangladesh Agricultural University
- China: Guangxi University
- India: Assam University (The Har Gobind Khorana School of Life Sciences), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
- Indonesia: Andalas University, IPB University, Gadjah Mada University,
- Sebelas Maret University, University of Lampung, Institut Teknologi Bandung (School of Life Sciences and Technology)
- Thailand: Chulalongkorn University (Faculty of Science), Kasetsart University, King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi
- Vietnam: Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Thuyloi University
- Laos: National University of Laos
- Philippines: Mariano Marcos State University
Contact: UGSAS-GU Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
*This content is subjected to change depending on COVID-19 situation.